Mission & Values
Pride Academy Charter School endeavors to ignite success in middle school students of all abilities through a curriculum rooted in the values of peace, respect, integrity, determination, and empathy. By establishing a community dedicated to academic achievement, mastery of fundamental skills, positive leadership, and active service, Pride Academy Charter School strives to embolden its students to harness their own power to shape their futures and the world.
The mission of Pride Academy Charter School will promote student achievement and provide families in our region of residence with a high quality, holistic public school choice by adhering to the following core beliefs:
- Students of all abilities will thrive in a peaceful learning community that values respect, integrity, determination, and empathy for others.
- Within all students lies the power to shape their own future by making positive choices today.
- By serving individual academic needs through a cohesive skill-centered curriculum, untapped student potential will be realized.
- Through critical examination and active response to challenges facing our community, students are best able to comprehend the interconnectedness of life and the power of the individual.
- By deliberately honoring accomplishments while continuously setting new challenges, students gain the courage, confidence, and competencies needed to take academic and leadership risks.
- Adults teach students with their actions. All members of our school community, including administration, faculty, and parents, must live and embody the values which the school seeks to instill in its students.
- A culture which prizes goal-setting, positive choices, and perseverance will equip students with the skills and mindset needed to seize future educational opportunities.
- By questioning, seeking, understanding, and responding, all members of our school community will be active participants in the life-long learning cycle essential for growth.
Our community-based culture is guided by the following core values:
conflicts will be resolved in non-violent ways.
all members of the school community will treat each other with respect.
honesty will be at the core of all that we say and do.
we will not allow obstacles to block our pathways to excellence.
compassion and understanding of each other’s feelings will guide our choices and conduct.