For the 2016-2017 school year, Pride Academy Charter School has openings for:
- Maternity Leave Language Arts Teacher: 2016-2017 starting late February early March 2017. Candidates should hold NJ certification with grade 5-8 endorsement for English Language Arts to fill a maternity leave position teaching middle school students (grades 5-8)
- Maternity Leave Special Education Teacher starting mid-late March 2017. Candidates should hold dual New Jersey certification to teach middle school math and a Teacher of Students with Disabilities certification to teach students in grades 5-8. Candidates who hold a Teacher of the Handicapped Certificate and who are highly qualified to teach middle school math are encouraged to apply.
- Maternity Leave Science Teacher: 2016-2017 starting mid to late May. Candidates should hold a CEAS or Standard certificate to teach middle school science to students in grades 5-8.
Applicants are requested to email a cover letter and resume to Mrs Fiona Thomas, Principal, at email@example.com.
Who We Are Looking For…
We are looking for professionals who are …
- Seeking a school community dedicated to the values of Peace, Respect, Integrity, Determination, and Empathy.
- Open to innovative strategies to meet the challenges of urban education.
- Eager to continue their own growth as an active member of a professional learning community.
- Passionate that a quality education for all students is a matter of social justice.
- Ready to inspire others as a teacher-leader with their unique talents.
Applying to Pride
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity
PRIDE Academy Charter School adheres to the laws and regulations set forth in N.J.A.C. 6A:7- 1.8; Title VII, Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972; N.J.S.A. 10:5, and Equal Pay Act 1973, and is committed to ensuring equality in Educational, Employment, and Contract Practices for all persons, regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability, or socioeconomic status.
The following staff member has been appointed our Affirmative Action Officer and designated to handle inquiries regrading our non-discrimination policies:
Ms Robin Brower
She can be reached at: